Ballybeg Wedding Photographer – Mackenzie & Ross – Irish Elopement Photography
Date: February 2018
Mackenzie & Ross are based in the US and came all the way over to Ballybeg House in Co. Wicklow to hold their beautiful wedding. Not content with having to organise a wedding from overseas (though that’s made less challenging when you have a planner as incredible as Tee from Pairs & Peaches), they also moved from California to Michigan and bought a house months before the big day.
Mackenzie brought a bit of the Californian sun with her and we were treated to an unseasonably lovely day (for mid-Feb in Ireland!) It was such an absolutely beautiful day and, as always, I was honoured to be a part of it.
My favourite memories of the day:
- During the First Look, Ross surprised Mackenzie by wearing a Butterfly pin, in memory of her Grandmother.
- Earlier capturing Mackenzie, lost in thought, with the reflection of a butterfly sticker in the background. For me – a photo of Mackenzie and her Grandmother on her wedding day and a total accident.
- The gasps from the hair and makeup crew as Mackenzie came out in her beautiful Pronovias gown.
- Those lovely mustardy cocktail sausages they serve in Ballybeg, mmm sausages.
- An intimate and beautiful candlelit ceremony. Always challenging to photograph and beautiful to witness
- Mackenzie’s Mum & Dad holding hands during the vows
- The incredible light in front of the Shebeen during the couples portraits
- Mackenzie’s brilliant speech, which steamed up the Marquee
- The first dance, beautifully choreographed to Harry Connick Jr’s “A Wink and a Smile”.
- The Dancefloor! Americans really know how to dance. After 15 mins of action I went up to Tee and said “I didn’t know they were going to choreograph all the dancing” to which she replied “They didn’t, this is what American weddings are like”
- Driving home with a smile on my face, knowing I’d captured a hell of a day.
Enjoy this loveliness.
Wedding Dress designer: Pronovias
Groom’s Suit – Hugo Boss
Hair Stylist – Sian Sharkey
Make Up Artist – Alyson Smith
Wedding Coordination & Floristry – Tee Corkish – Pairs & Peaches
DJ – Funky Functions